Intern - Health Public Relations
New York, NY
Virtual CNN PR Intern - Summer 2021
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN
The PR team works to generate press for CNN Worldwide. Our interns need to have a healthy interest in the news, an adaptability to adjust to its fast-paced cycle, and familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms
The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Compiling and confirming media lists,
• Building results reports,
• Updating talent and executive bios,
• Posting and editing the PR press site,
• Drafting press releases,
• Following social media conversations that affect CNN
• Working photoshoots/events.
• Our interns need strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• They should also have an understanding of the professional environment they're working in, including attendance, appearance, punctuality, deadlines and strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong computer skills including the Microsoft office suite, internet and online research skills are important for success in the position.
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th through August 13th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Please note that CNN Summer 2021 intern postings may be taken down as soon as we receive an extensive pool of applicants per role. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo3o6-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.