Summer Virtual Intern - Production Services
Remote / Virtual
Virtual CNN Atlanta News Bureau Intern – Summer 2021
Respond to and cover breaking news for all CNN Networks and platforms 24/7.
Research, pitch and write original stories for CNN.
• Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research.
• Curate social media, develop regional contacts while making calls on breaking news throughout the region.
• Support field teams with inhouse production.
• Support field teams with in-house production including pre-interviews and logging.
• Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research, pitching and newsgathering.
• Occasionally write digital wire stories.
• You will have a front row seat as history unfolds before your eyes.
• Social media savvy.
• Professional phone manner.
• Strong code of ethics.
• Positive attitude.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong desire to work in the field and learn journalism from some of the best in the business.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.