Summer Virtual Intern - International Newsgathering
Remote / Virtual
Virtual CNN National Content Center Intern – Summer 2021
As an intern for the CNN National Content Center you will be afforded the opportunity to see and be a part of where the news begins.
• You will learn all aspects of newsgathering from the moment a story is born to it making air and being distributed to affiliates.
• You are expected to work with National Desk editors to make editorial calls, search for stories and pitch to networks/bureaus, etc.
• The National Content Center intern will also have the opportunity to observe other departments that work closely with the desk.
• The National Content Center is looking for a student majoring in Broadcast Journalism, preferably who have prior internship experience at a local television station or other network newsroom and is interested in delving into the newsgathering process.
• Ideally, candidates will be looking at careers in journalism such as producing, reporting or working on an assignment desk.
• Excellent communication skills and a huge appetite for news and current affairs is a must.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.