Summer Virtual Intern - International
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Virtual CNN International Intern – Summer 2021
CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news networks in the world. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. CNN International has an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to the newsgathering cycle. It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in futures meetings.
• Interns will observe and assist with workflow at the international desk on all shifts during our 24/7 operation.
• Interns will have the opportunity to work with other units and departments within the CNN family who interact with the international desk.
• May also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers.
• Intern schedules vary and may include week and weekend work.
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
• Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship
• Interest in international news and newsgathering; multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset; knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.