Virtual Intern - Documentary Unit
Remote / Virtual
Virtual CNN Health Intern – Summer 2021
Interns with CNN Health are not here to observe. Our interns get a front row seat to everything we do and are here to contribute.
• Learning how TV and text stories are crafted.
• Learning how we vet stories and research.
• Learning how a story goes from an idea to a script, through edit and onto TV or the website.
• Developing research and interview skills.
• Contributing to and writing stories for CNN TV and CNN.com
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated and able to multitask.
• Experience in medical news or the field of health and science is a must.
• They need to have a good attitude and be able to function well in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• Writing experience with work samples, including published bylines, is required.
• A keen understanding of how to spot and tell a great news story.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.