Summer Virtual Intern - International Newsgathering
Remote / Virtual
• Turner Services Inc. seeks a CNN Intern for the Digital Programming department.
• The intern will work with the Global Programming Department for CNN Digital in addition to collaborating with other parts of CNN Editorial, from verticals to global news gathering.
• Plan, program and package all kinds of CNN content on our platforms, including relevant images, graphics, and other interactive elements to enhance stories.
• Keep up with metrics and interact with Audience Development to make sure we are bringing the best of CNN to the world.
• Execute programming plans for a wide range of projects.
• Interact with internal and external peers and managers to share and receive feedback on key initiatives.
• Find trending content online and recommend the best to CNN's content teams.
• Write articles that summarize the news for mobile, commuter audiences
• Update top headline packages for app audiences
• Typically, some journalism experience. School newspapers count! Class papers not so much.
• A strong understanding of news.
• A strong understanding of storytelling.
• Strong writing.
• Must demonstrate the following: Teamwork, industry, desire to learn, and creativity.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.