Virtual Intern - Documentary Unit
Remote / Virtual
Virtual CNN Digital News Intern – Summer 2021
We're a crack team of highly driven storytellers with one goal: Stories that sing, infographics that awe, and content that's smartly packaged; socially shared and sparks conversations.
• We don't do trending stories. We make stories trend.
• We don't do pyramid style. We do eye-popping visuals.
• We don't do status quo. We dream up inspired initiatives.
• Oh, and we also produce CNN's flagship newsletter and quizzes.
• You will come up with story ideas daily, and write daily.
• You will become a pro in style and voice as you flex all your literary muscles.
• You will be neck-deep in stories that are in the news, while you pursue distinctive enterprise pieces.
• You will experiment, experiment, experiment.
• We're looking for someone who can write fast, write well and write with voice.
• Lives and breathes social media.
• Is equally at home writing about Beyonce and Brexit thinks mobile first.
• Knows there are other ways to present information beyond text Relishes challenges.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.