Summer Virtual Intern - Newsource
Remote / Virtual
Virtual Newsgathering: Crime & Justice Intern - Summer 2021
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN
Newsgathering Interns will learn how CNN plans stories and orchestrates live breaking news coverage and daily programming. Interns will shadow and assist reporters, producers, photojournalists and news assistants.
The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Intern duties include research, fact-checking, tapes logging, assistance with interviews and stakeouts, and other editorial activities.
• Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system.
• Hours will be flexible and may include weekends.
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Broadcast Journalism, Media or Communications major
• Strong current events knowledge and interest in news and politics
• Knowledge of CNN news platforms (network shows, website) is helpful.
• Candidates should also be motivated, self-starters, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th through August 13th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Please note that CNN Summer 2021 intern postings may be taken down as soon as we receive an extensive pool of applicants per role. Please submit your application as soon as possible.