Application Deadline: Fr i day , March 15th, 2024
*Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!*
We have multiple CNN Newsgathering internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the Washington, DC area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
• CNN Newsgathering Intern: DC - Summer 2024
• CNN Newsroom Editorial Intern: DC - Summer 2024
Duties could include:
• Learn how CNN plans stories and orchestrates live breaking news coverage and daily programming
• Research, fact-check, assist with interviews and stakeouts, and learn how to write clean and concise copy for broadcast.
• The intern will play an active role in production support, including logging video from breaking and daily news events and reporter interviews.
• Work with reporters and producers on short and long-term research projects to support daily and enterprise story production.
• Interns will also have an opportunity to support reporters, producers, photographers, and news assistants on field shoots in and around Washington, DC.
• Broadcast Journalism, Media or Communications major
• Strong knowledge of the national/international news landscape
• Interest in US politics, making complex news topics accessible to an affiliate audience, and a basic understanding of Washington institutions.
• Must be actively enrolled in a US accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
• Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
• Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. US International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
• A cover letter is required with your application, please combine the resume and cover letter into one PDF document.
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country's boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here's what we offer:
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Mentorship from some of the industry's kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
• Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
• Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
• Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
• A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn't know you had
• The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What to know before applying:
• The duration of the summer program regardless of which start/end option is 11 weeks.
• Program date options:
• Option 1: June 3 rd – August 16 th
• Option 2: June 10 th – August 23 rd
• Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
• Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
• Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9v56m-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.