Spring Virtual Intern - Weather
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Job
CNN Weather department who serves the weather and science needs for all the CNN platforms is looking for it's Spring 2022 Intern. We Provide on-air, and digital weather and science coverage for CNN, CNNI, HLN, CNN.com and Turner Private Networks to name a few.
• Students would work with both domestic and international weather, as well as our digital platforms, and will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in the production of on-air weather content
• Research weather and science related stories, and provide information to on-air talent.
• Learn weather graphics software, and build elements for on-air use
• Have the ability to record a demo reel
• Help create online content for use by CNN.com and other CNN online platforms
• Participate in breaking weather and other related breaking news stories
• Students should be at least junior level in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences at an accredited University.
• The ideal candidate would be interested in pursuing a career in Broadcast Meteorology.
• This role has the opportunity to do in person work at the ATL office if geographical applicable. This is subject to management approval.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29nj5-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.