Spring Intern - TV Research
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
The CNN Story
CNN TV Research and Analytics team provides data analysis and insights on the TV Media landscape and CNN's performance across various programming. The team blends primary and secondary research to inform a variety of high profile internal stakeholders with strategic insights.
The CNN R&A Team's daily work includes:
• Regular reporting on cable news performance, as well as, forecasting CNN and HLN's immediate and long-term position in the cable news environment to inform overall business and sales strategies.
• The team is integral in providing strategic and tactical insights to executive management and business leaders on digital analytics, media research, consumer insight, and the emerging technology landscape.
• Critical intelligence derived from both qualitative and quantitative data help drive product strategy, editorial and programming, and audience development.
• Develop a deep understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect
• Collect, verify and summarize multiplatform television data across various sources, such as CNN linear TV data, VOD, SVOD (Hulu, Netflix)
• Monitor as run program schedules for Nielsen program submission
• Aid Research Analysts in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN brand (including HLN) as well as competitive networks
• Learn how to extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.)
• Assist team with ongoing projects, data visualizations, client presentations (in Excel, PowerPoint), and help maintain relationships with outside 3rd party research vendors
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in a fast paced, high volume environment.
• Intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred:
• Knowledge in/experience with PivotTables and essential Excel analysis formulas (including IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF) to increase interactivity and automating of spreadsheets
• Understanding of Excel formatting including conditional cell & number formatting
• Able to effectively & clearly presenting analytical findings to relevant stakeholders
• Independent self-starter with ability to master new software (some one-on-one training on Nielsen software will be provided by supervisor/team)
• Curiosity to explore data, driven to understand the ''why'', and a passion to draw connections
• Solid math skills and must be comfortable with numbers and data
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid problem-solving skills, and astute attention to detail
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo83m-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.