CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The CNN Program & Content Strategy department is responsible for the
development and execution of CNN & HLN's multiplatform strategy. This includes
work related to daily news programs and special events, CNN Films, and CNN &
HLN Original Series. This team sees the content travel through an entire lifecycle,
from development to broadcast and everything in between.
• Data entry in scheduling systems and planning documents
• Checking systems, document, and platforms for accuracy
• Organizing descriptive metadata and other content details
• Researching competitive landscape, especially for streaming services
• Providing support in high-level meeting preparations
• Support planning efforts around special events and breaking news
• Passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
• Familiarity with television and other forms of media, especially when it comes to subscription and ad-supported streaming services
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29896-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.