APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
Our small L.A.-based team creates 11-12 reporter packages each week for CNN Newsource affiliates, as well as a weekly half-hour movie news program for international affiliates. Our intern learns to write and produce stories, as well as sitting in on virtual interviews, and learning to edit and voice pieces if desired.
• Work on writing exercises and/or scripts
• Research stories in entertainment trades and other sources
• Help brainstorm feature ideas
• Work with video editor
• Demonstrated interest in journalism
• College journalism coursework
• Interest in entertainment news
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv60b-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.