Summer Intern - MTV Digital Production
New York, NY
Spring 2021 Virtual Intern – CNN NY News Bureau
The CNN Story
The New York bureau of CNN is responsible for news coverage in the northeast region of the country. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. Content generated by the bureau is coordinated with the key programs on CNN US, but also appears across the platforms of the CNN Newsgroup.
CNN NY News Bureau Intern
• Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning at CNN.
• They strengthen their research skills while contributing to segments and wires and being paired with reporters and producers on both breaking news and ongoing stories.
• Interns also have the occasional opportunity to accompany producers on stories.
• In production, interns learn how to set up a script with appropriate video and write using CNN's database. - Interns learn how to use CNN's video and photo databases for packages and sound bites for air.
• Interns will assist with basic Administrative tasks.
• Intern's schedules vary and may include week and weekend work - morning and evening.
• Interns have the opportunity to pitch stories and have first-hand exposure as to how stories are developed, how video is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• Assist Associate Producers, Tape Editors, Assignment Editors, and Producers at all levels in New York.
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
• Knowledge of and experience in social media is highly desirable.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Photoshop is desirable.
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Spring 2021 program dates are January 25th through April 16th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.