Spring Virtual Intern - Digital Programming and Social
Remote / Virtual
As an intern for the CNN National Content Center you will be afforded the opportunity to see and be a part of where the news begins.
• You will learn all aspects of newsgathering from the moment a story is born to it making air and being distributed to affiliates.
• You are expected to work with National Desk editors to make editorial calls, search for stories and pitch to networks/bureaus, etc.
• The National Content Center intern will also have the opportunity to observe other departments that work closely with the desk.
• The National Content Center is looking for a student majoring in Broadcast Journalism, preferably who have prior internship experience at a local television station or other network newsroom and is interested in delving into the newsgathering process.
• Ideally, candidates will be looking at careers in journalism such as producing, reporting or working on an assignment desk.
• Excellent communication skills and a huge appetite for news and current affairs is a must.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmo2m-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.