APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
The international desk intern is constantly searching for new stories and imagery/content that could require research and investigation. S/he has strong organizational skills and is meticulous in keeping track of several things at once with an eye for news, so managers can be quickly alerted. S/he works collaboratively with a team as s/he will be required to help support desk editors, show producers and field staff as required - from sourcing/logging/transcribing content and writing up cleared/reportable news lines for short bulletin alerts and/or content alerts for CNN platforms. Gets rare, inside look at CNN's incomparable newsgathering machine, encompassing our key hubs in Hong Kong, Abu Dhabi, London and Atlanta, as well as international bureaus around the world.
• Proactively digs for leads that will keep our platforms competitive
• Both in terms of breaking new stories and content, during ongoing news stories.
• Digs for fresh news stories and flags important stories/developments/images/content on high-profile stories
• Organized, meticulous, tenacious and able to forensically dig to help desk researchers, producers and seniors find official/reportable lines to confirm or investigative threads to chase
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
• Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred)
• Strong interest in international affairs
• Bi-lingual or Multi-lingual skills strongly preferred
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv632-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.