Spring Intern - Newsmaking
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN
Intern will work with the team of The Lead that will air weekdays at 4 p.m. The Lead will cover a variety of stories and topic areas including international news, politics, business, sports and pop culture.
The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Students may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, such as show research, videotape screening, logging, dubbing and other show production needs.
• The opportunity for taking on greater responsibility is available to interns who demonstrate strong self-motivation and news judgment.
• Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and an increased knowledge of the US government and political system.
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Candidates should be seeking a career in broadcast journalism, should be self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
• Interns need to be available during the week for this internship.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p9j3-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.