Spring Intern - Newsmaking
Remote / Virtual
Get the chance to work alongside the newsgathering team. You will work with Supervising Producers, Beat Leads, Correspondents, and Reports in the Washington DC Bureau.
• The Newsgathering intern will learn how CNN plans stories
• Interns will shadow and assist reporters, producers, photojournalists and news assistants
• Intern duties include research, fact-checking, tapes logging, assistance with interviews and stakeouts, and other editorial activities
• Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and increased knowledge of the US government and political system
• Hours will be flexible and may include weekends.
• Broadcast Journalism, Media or Communications major
• Strong current events knowledge and interest in news and politics
• Knowledge of CNN news platforms (network shows, website)
• Candidates should be motivated, self-starters, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxbm1-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.