Spring Virtual Intern - Entertainment Marketing
Remote / Virtual
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN
The CNN Digital UX Research Intern will work on research projects that envision new businesses and revenue streams for CNN. Working in a startup environment, the research intern will use quantitative and/or qualitative methods to study new digital experiences that will attract and engage new audiences and redefine the current landscape.
We are looking for individuals who will design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right question. Other responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Planning and conducting qualitative and/or quantitative user research, partnering with UX designers, product leads and other stakeholders on specific projects.
• Owning the research process from screening participants and defining test plans to analyzing data and synthesizing results in a fast-paced environment.
• Conducting competitive/market analysis to identify audience segments and develop user journeys that reflect the needs and pain points of those segments
• Exploring insights about users through a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, data analysis, usability studies, diary studies, and ethnographic observation, or a new method.
• Effectively communicating methodologies and be able to take a variety of inputs including analytics, survey results, user behavior, and other data to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations.
Candidates should have:
• 2 or more years of college study in UX research, media research or user experience design.
• Prior internship work as a UX researcher or research analyst preferred
• Background in Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology or Social Sciences preferred
• Proficient in Excel and willing to learn usability study software, and/or statistical research software.
• Passionate about research methodology in general. Good understanding of statistics and analytics.
• Strong problem-solving aptitude and a natural curiosity for how experiences come together.
• Must be comfortable in a fast-moving collaborative organization.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej8z8-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.