Fall Virtual Intern
Remote / Virtual
• Assisting producers and news managers gather elements for broadcast, recording/logging news and political events as they happen, participate in newsgathering assignments in the field, as well as assisting with Newsource social media efforts and sales and service logistics for the Newsource DC Production business.
• In addition, interns support the operation by fielding phone call requests from news clients and helping plan, produce and execute on and off-site live broadcasts.
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Broadcast Journalism, Media or Communications major
• Strong current events knowledge and interest in news and politics
• Knowledge of CNN news platforms (network shows, website) is helpful.
• Candidates should also be motivated, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward undergraduate and a graduate students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z4pj-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.