WarnerMedia seeks a 1 iOS Engineer Intern – Fall 2021 for the CNN NewsCo department.
Our future involves native applications across many ecosystems, but we are first focused on building a delightful, interactive web application. We are currently building in Node, TypeScript, Svelte, Sass, WebSockets, and Postgres, and we will be flexible in our technology choices as we leverage internal services, open-source software, and cloud services.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 14
Your ability to traverse the full web stack will be an asset to us as we evaluate the tradeoffs inherent in software engineering. We have fun with this everyday: balancing what our users are asking for, our current technical strengths, and what new technologies are emerging and where we want to grow as a team. We hold the ability to choose (or invent) the right tool for the job in high regard and consider it a critical part of our success.
We work iteratively by synthesizing product, design, and research feedback. We have experience releasing real-time apps to large audiences and welcome your experience making this project a successful one. In this remote world, we deeply value your ability to work independently and allocate time sensibly while communicating with high emotional intelligence.
We are enriched by the diversity of approach and perspective across our team, and are excited to deepen our understanding with your contributions. The opportunity to put an amazing consumer experience in the hands of a large audience motivates us to move quickly and put our best work forward. If this resonates with you, we look forward to meeting you!
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• An ability to learn and apply new technologies to improve a product
• Remote friendly
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5pev-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.