Fall Hybrid Intern - Documentary
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, July 10 at 11:59 PM PST
The Ticker Writer intern is responsible for writing news summaries of the day's top stories, as well as for reporting on news conferences, press briefings, and on-air interviews.
The Ticker Writer intern will write stories assigned by the Ticker producer, who manages the rundown and directs shift coverage. Writer will research and deliver content on full complement of news, ensuring lines are accurate, concise, and quickly delivered to the CNN Ticker audience. The Ticker Writer intern will write from a variety of sources, including CNN Digital stories, emails and news alerts, as well as video packages, live news conferences, press briefings, and on-air interviews.
• Must be an avid consumer of news and have a high level of curiosity
• Candidate should be familiar with inverted-pyramid style of writing (Who, What, When, Where, and How) and be able to execute
• Must be a quick study, curious, and be able to engage audience with crisp, clean, (and sometimes creative) language
• Most importantly, must be well-versed in news of the day and be comfortable working as part of a collaborative, competitive, creative team
• If you are submitting a cover letter with your application, please combine the resume and cover letter into one PDF document
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Fall 2022 program dates are October 3rd – December 9th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) required
• Company-issued computer or secured remote access provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speaker sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xkbm-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.