Spring 2023 Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Opportunities may include (but are not limited to):
CNBC DevOps is part of the Core Platform Engineering and supports the Web, Mobile and OTT applications and infrastructure for CNBC Digital. The candidate will work with a team of passionate engineers who strive to demonstrate continued excellence in the field of DevOps and automation. The DevOps intern will closely work with agile teams across the group to help them with the build automation in secure and reliable way. Using the latest tools and technologies, the DevOps intern will have an opportunity to learn the CNBC applications' environments hosted within internal data centers and in the cloud, implementing solutions to: provision and manage environments; perform software development builds and automated testing; and monitor existing infrastructure.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• For technical roles: Scripting knowledge, Python / Shell, Cloud- AWS, CI Tools knowledge, Jenkins, Node JS
• Desired Majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Journalism, Information Technology, Network Engineer, Mobile Development, Programming, Product Management, Project Management, Software Engineering, Statistics, Web Design, Web Development, Technology Management
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9e26m-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.