- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, marketing of entertainment and news?
To join one of our 12-month Internships you will be:
• Currently studying at University and applying for a Placement year in your 2nd or final year or graduating in Summer 2022
• Looking for work experience immediately after completing A-Levels or equivalent course or an Apprenticeship
• Eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship from July 2022-July 2023
• Fluent in English
• We strongly advise that you do not apply to more than 1 Internship role to ensure that you are considered for the Internship that you are more interested in and your skills are aligned to
What will I be doing?
As a News Desk intern, you will be supporting the CNBC London News desk team in the planning and guest-booking for programmes Squawk Box and Street Signs. You will work closely with Producers and News Editors in researching stories, guests, and preparing segment notes for our on-air anchors. You will also work closely with the Executive Assignments Editor to prepare and maintain our newsroom calendar of events and diary items.
What do I need to bring to the role?
1. Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure and short deadlines
2. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong interpersonal skills
3. Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and effectively prioritise and manage workload independently
4. Collaborative team-work, being able to adapt and bring a willingness to learn will be valued
5. A strong passion for broadcasting and media and a keen interest and desire to learn about financial markets and business news
What will I learn from this opportunity?
Keen news judgement
You will develop a strong grasp of what makes a good story for our audience of global business leaders and investors, and the right types of guests that help tell the story to our viewers
You will gain an understanding of how a newsroom functions day-to-day and how to plan for the news agenda
You will liaise with teams across the newsroom from CNBC.com, Social and Digital Video, and the production team to ensure coordination across our platforms
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d818y6-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.