Intern - Sports
CBS Television Stations
WBZ News Internship / CBS Televisions Stations Newsroom Internship – (In-Person):
WBZ-TV & WSBK-TV is excited to offer an internship program opportunity to learn and be exposed to all facets of its daily news operations. The program will be an 10-weeks long (3 days a week), in-person internship.
The summer 2023 internship program will run from June – August. This is an educational program designed for college students who are interested in pursuing a career in journalism and broadcasting. It will provide an opportunity for you to learn the operation of the department assigned to while, at the same time allow you to perform some of the job functions that are critical to the learning process.
• Our interns will be exposed to the fast-paced environment of our newsroom, and the many stories we chase, write and cover for all platforms, including broadcast, digital and streaming.
• Interns will see how and why we decide to cover and write stories, make editorial calls, and cover press conferences, among many other tasks.
• Work closely with the assignment desk, editors, producers, digital team and anchors to create and pitch compelling stories.
• Join our reporters and photographers for in-the-field production.
• Currently attending an accredited college, all majors/minors are welcome.
• Must be a junior or senior in Fall 2023.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a face-paced team environment.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8947-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.