Spring Intern - Production
Remote / Virtual
CBS News and Televisions Stations Newsroom Internship – CBS New York (In-Person):
WCBS/WLNY, CBS News' flagship station based in our Broadcast Center in NYC is excited to offer an internship program opportunity to learn and be exposed to all facets of its daily operations. The program will be an 8-week long, full-time (4 days a week), in-person internship.
The summer 2023 internship program will run from June 5, 2023 – July 28, 2023.
• Our interns will be exposed to the fast-paced environment of our newsroom, and the many stories we chase, write and cover for all platforms, including broadcast, digital and streaming.
• Interns will see how and why we decide to cover and write stories, make editorial calls, and cover press conferences, among many other tasks.
• Work closely with the assignment desk, editors, producers, digital team and anchors to create and pitch compelling stories.
• Join our reporters and photographers for in-the-field production.
• Participate in ad hoc projects throughout the newsroom.
• Currently attending an accredited college, all majors/minors are welcome.
• Must be a junior or senior in Fall 2023.
• Must be available to work full-time (4 days a week) during internship period
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a face-paced team environment.
• This is an in-person internship, must be within a commutable distance of NYC.
Hourly Pay Range: $16.00 - 20.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9j364-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $16.00 to $20.00 Per Hour ($ USD)