Intern - News / Creative Services
CBS Television Stations
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
News/Creative Services Interns (2 Positions)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella.
This paid internship is designed for students currently enrolled at a college or university who are interested in the media business. The objective is to provide students with meaningful work experience while complimenting the educational experience.
• Actively enrolled and attending an accredited college or university
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Reliable transportation and in-office availability for 20 hours per week
• Minimum of 3 days per week scheduled during typical business hours (9a-5p)
Creative Services / News Internship:
• Assist Multi Skilled Journalists (MSJs) with news gathering production and digital
publication/promotion of news packages
• Logging MSJ packages and other related news duties as necessary
• Writing for station website following AP format
• Researching content
• Utilize social media to engage and grow community (with guidance)
• Other related duties as they arise
• Ideal candidates will have a passion for television and the business of television
• Career interest in journalism, communications, or broadcasting
• Must exhibit professional attitude, creativity, and self-motivation
• Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Office 365, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere – WordPress experience is a plus, communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong ability to multitask and meet short deadlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv6b7-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.