Intern - Newsroom, CBS
CBS Television Stations
New York, NY
CBS News Internships (Summer 2024, On Site- NYC)
College students, start your career at the forefront of culture and conversation and work for entertainment's most iconic brands! Our Summer Internship Program offers endless ways to explore careers through an immersive 10-week, well-rounded paid program that encourages students to bring their passions and insights to work. Most importantly, the program acts as a pipeline for future opportunities.
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The CBS News internship program aims to place emerging journalists throughout CBS News amongst our various broadcasts and departments.
• Internships are available to students who will be Juniors, Seniors or Master's students in the fall of 2024. If you are a graduating Senior, please check our website for full-time job opportunities.
• You must be available to intern full-time (5 days a week/36-40 hours a week) for 10 weeks total starting in June. Some roles may require you to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
• Interns will be required to work hybrid or fully on-site for the duration of the program.
• Internships are paid at a competitive standard hourly rate (school credit is optional).
Exciting perks tailored just for you!
• Speaker series with industry experts
• Unique networking opportunities & social events
• Complimentary Paramount+ with Showtime subscription during your internship
• Workshops on crafting your resume, nailing interviews and career strategy
• 1:1 mentorship, volunteer opportunities, on-the-job learning and so much more!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: December 31st, 2023
Hiring Salary Range: $20.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2q5o-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.