Summer Intern - Media Strategy
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Video Operations & Streaming team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS All Access/ Paramount Plus. Our team is also responsible for the encoding & delivery of premium content to millions of people every day.
We are responsible for encoding our video streams at the best quality possible, no matter what the content, viewing device or network condition. You will get to work on our video encoding platform and scaling it further to cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP. Additionally, you will also be getting an opportunity to work on our encoding web tool used by publishers on a daily basis for managing encoding jobs and creating various reports. We are seeking a video software intern who will help drive our system's evolution.
• Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve video encoding platforms.
• Investigate and troubleshoot video encoding issues.
• Field questions and requests from site publishers regarding video encoding.
• Applying programming and algorithms knowledge to improve system workflows.
• Participate and learn about the CI/CD platform and it's integration with services.
• Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate testing across a variety of devices.
• Optimizing video encoding cloud Infrastructure on AWS/GCP.
• Work on integrating video encoding platforms with multi-DRM and right management systems.
• Work on the latest next-gen video codecs.
• Upgrade Video Encoding User Interface Tool.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent.
You might also have -
• Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards
• Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS).
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.