Summer Intern - Social Strategy
Remote / Virtual
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
VidCon, the world's largest event for fans, creators, executives, and brands who share a passion for online video, just launched VidCon Now, a new digitally-delivered experience. VidCon Now brings the power, strength, and uniqueness of VidCon to its three distinct tracks (Community, Creator, Industry) across a variety of platforms. Content includes virtual concerts, performances, panels, Q&As, meet & greets, networking opportunities, and more interactive programming that celebrates the ever-expanding world of online video.
We are continuing to expand our brand and find creative ways to enhance our on the ground experience. Our team as a whole is very small, and our marketing team is even smaller. We all wear a lot of hats as we continue to take VidCon to the next level.
VidCon is looking for a summer intern to assist the Marketing team based in Los Angeles. Our marketing team is focused on developing, implementing, and monitoring effective marketing strategies that align with our overall business goals. You will work closely with the programming team to assist in our social, email, and overall marketing objectives as we plan for VidCon Now, VidCon US 2021, and our global events.
• Assist with various aspects of VidCon planning as it relates to marketing and programming
• Assist in the creation and planning of marketing and programming materials
• Creating and managing grids, one-sheets, and other various materials
• Copywriting and copy editing; designing of social/email assets
• Pulling data and analytics
• Conducting research and identifying trends within the digital landscape
• Conceptualize, create, and execute ideas for engaging social posts and emails
• Other administrative and creative tasks as needed
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• High level of interest in YouTube and digital culture
• Knowledgeable of current Social Media platforms
• Must have a good eye for design and typographic layout
• Must have a good attitude and be able to function well with short deadlines and quick turnarounds
• Must have ability to communicate effectively & tactfully with managers & other levels of personnel
• Light editing or design skills. Proficient with Final Cut/Adobe, Canva/Photoshop
• Self starter, proactive, motivated, solution oriented
• Impeccable attention to detail
You might also have -
• Video editing skills
• Strong design skills
• Experience with digital editorial content
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.