Summer Intern - Media Strategy
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
We are the Audience Acquisition team, part of the ViacomCBS Digital Marketing Advertising and Operations Services team. We work closely with the digital teams at ViacomCBS Digital to promote and amplify the very best content and products of what is produced every day.
As a Social Audience Acquisition Intern, you will work alongside the paid social advertising team in managing campaigns on social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap, Pinterest or Reddit. You will help with setting up and managing paid social posts. You'll help research and craft together ideal target audience strategy using social insights. You'll also help monitor metrics and results from the paid social posts, to help understand which posts are driving most activity and engagements. The ideal candidate will be interested in learning how paid social can help drive business goals and evaluate against key performance metrics (KPIs). This will be a fun and fast paced role so we are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented team-player to join our entrepreneurial team.
• Develop analytical skills essential to marketing programs, while establishing an understanding of available social metrics and KPIs, both paid and organic Channels include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, and Snap
• Collaborate with multiple departments to communicate campaign progress and updates
• Traffic and schedule ads through various paid social ad managers/platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snap, Pinterest, Reddit
• Help with digital media creatives including building creatives on channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, and Sna, monitoring performance and providing creative improvements
• Helping research target audiences and building targeting audience strategies for various shows
• Attend team meetings and department calls
• Monitor activities of competitors and provide industry trends and learnings
• Execute special projects as needed
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Experience using Gmail, Google Docs, MS Word, MS Excel, or MS Power Point
• Experience running social media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap, Pinterest or Reddit for professional purposes
• Self-motivated and able to work with regular check-ins and supervision from department leaders or teammates to communicate back progress and updates
• Attention to detail to minimize errors
• Strong work ethic, proactive in communication and work delivery
You might also have -
• Agency account or client or other social media experience a plus
• Working on a degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Economics, Statistics, etc a plus
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.