Summer Intern - Mobile Engineering Android
Remote / Virtual
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company! CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Our properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access / Paramount+ subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Quality Assurance Engineer will work collaboratively with engineering, project management, product managers, design, business intelligence teams. Ideal candidate should have development background or education. This role will be part of CBS News digital engineering's QA group that leads a wide array of products on Web, mobile apps, OTT apps, Smart TVs, Game Consoles and backend feeds and video streaming.
• Perform detailed testing of CBS News Digital products across multiple platforms including Web, iOS app, Android and Amazon App, Roku, tvOS, AndroidTV and FireTV, Xbox, PlayStation, Vizio, LG, Tizen, Chromecast, and etc.
• Work with product owners, engineers, and team stakeholders to review new features and build comprehensive test plans with QA team
• Communicate clearly and frequently with all team members, partners and product owners impacted by test and troubleshooting results
• Actively participate in daily standups and sprint planning, with an emphasis on optimizing testing cycles/resources with development teams to deliver shippable features
• Provide regular, detailed status report on project progress, including test cases executed, bugs discovered, and bugs fixed
• Create test cases and use tracking tools to file, monitor, and resolve issues
• Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Work closely with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Passion for quality assurance and desire to master emerging technologies
• Knowledge of SDLC and QA methodologies
• Understanding of test documentation - test plan, test case, defect, traceability matrix, etc
• Knowledgeable of using test case management systems and defect-tracking tools (Jira is a plus)
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
• Initiative and self-prioritization to complete various day-to-day and long-term tasks
• Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Experience with IDE, Android Studio, Xcode, ADB, curl
• Network capture software knowledge, such as Charles, Fiddler, Wireshark, etc. that can be used with a wide range of mobile and OTT devices
• Ability to determining issues caused client-side versus server-side
• Knowledge of scripting languages and automation is a huge plus
• Interest in automation testing
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.