Summer Intern - Multimedia Journalism
Remote / Virtual
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
ViacomCBS Digital Studios (VDS), a premier team at ViacomCBS, is a leading digital content studio focused on young mobile viewers. ViacomCBS has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At ViacomCBS, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
The VDS Production Management team handles the planning and budgeting for physical production of digital video content across ViacomCBS brands.
We are looking for an intern who can provide support and efficiency to the production management team in all phases of the production process.
• Work directly with Line Producers, Production Managers, Coordinators and Assistants from pre-production through post production and final wrap of a project.
• Gain a better understanding of what it takes to ensure a successful production by assisting with the following: budgeting and scoping, building production schedules, creating call sheets, booking travel, hiring crew, location research and scouting, managing on set activities, securing releases, reconciling cost reports and assisting with casting.
• Complete various administrative tasks, such as organizing documents and project files, scheduling meetings and completing expense reports.
• Learn about on-set production firsthand by lending support to the camera, audio, grip and electric, art and talent departments.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Strong interest in Production and Digital Video Content
• Proficiency in Google Drive Services
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
You might also have -
• Knowledge on how to build out a production schedule
• Knowledge of movie magic budgeting Insight on the Production process
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.