Summer Intern - Mobile Engineering Android
Remote / Virtual
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Mobile Team within ViacomCBS is responsible for the development and delivery of mobile and connected TV applications for ViacomCBS's biggest brands, including CBS All Access, soon to be Paramount + International, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and BET+, in the US and all over the world.
This individual will be embedded in a scrum team to work on platform improvements for native mobile applications. It will be a great opportunity to contribute to high profile products while learning about best software development practices in the mobile space.
• Hands on software development on the Android /Amazon platform OR the iOS platform
• Attend and participate in meetings as required
• Work with technical leads and product team to understand and deliver on their requirements
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Experience programming in Java and Kotlin OR Swift
• Experience using Gradle and Android Studio OR Carthage and XCode
You might also have -
• Experience with Functional Reactive Programming (RxSwift or RxJava)
• Experience shipping an iOS or Android application to the Apple or Google store
• Experience working in a scrum team in an agile process.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.