Summer Intern - Mobile Engineering Android
Remote / Virtual
As America's source for high school sports, MaxPreps dominates the space in coverage of the hard-earned achievements of student-athletes across the nation. We strive to serve team communities and showcase accomplishments of athletes to families, colleagues, and fans.
The Frontend Engineer will be primarily responsible for contributing to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of web applications, based on specific product requirement specifications. The Frontend Engineer will work with the product development team, in a fun and fast-paced sports-centric agile environment.
• Develop user interfaces and navigation consistent with product requirement specifications, utilizing React, ES6, HTML, and CSS
• Collaborate with product managers, designers and backend engineers to build pixel perfect interactive features
• Write fast, reusable, and testable UI components
• Improve the overall quality, performance, and stability of the frontend applications
• Build new features to existing applications
• Modernize the design implementations of existing applications by migrating frontend code to a React frontend
• Improve the consumer experience via innovative ways to increase speed and performance
• Develop a new modern photo gallery viewing experience
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Experience with React, and building lightweight responsive applications
• Experience with source control using Git/GitHub
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking for product development with the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, agile and team-oriented environment
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Knowledge and interest in sports, sports management, and statistics
• Familiar with Node.JS, NextJS, Express and server-side rendering
• Experience with SEO and frontend performance
• Worked with AWS or other cloud services
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.