Summer Intern - Media Strategy
Our team is a diverse and agile group that is dedicated to driving consumer revenue through consistent user acquisition growth and retention. We work collaboratively across multiple departments and brands to continually improve our products, expand our distribution, and effectively market our best-in-class content.
The Partnership team's mission is to develop and connect passionate audiences with the entertainment, news, and sports content they love through data-driven marketing, cross-collaboration, and strategic partnerships.
This intern will work with key partners to develop, execute, deliver, and track campaigns across multiple AVOD and SVOD device partnerships (such as Amazon, Apple, Roku, and Microsoft) as well as our internal sites for events, social, email, and digital media.
The intern will also support the Partnership team on reporting and analysis of promotions for CBS All Access / Paramount +, CBS News, CBS Sports HQ, and ET Live.
Additionally, this role will gain exposure to multiple areas of CBSi, including Product, Creative Services, Content Strategy, and Marketing Acquisition.
• Brainstorm and research opportunities to market to high-value content across our AVOD and SVOD platforms.
• Use business insights to help inform our organic and paid marketing strategy for CBS All Access / Paramount +, CBS Sports, CBS News, and ET Live.
• Analyze partner data to compare, contrast, and present new learnings across partners and/or marketing promotions.
• Input and update marketing creative design requests using Jira to create workflow tickets.
• Collaborate across Acquisition, Product, Creative, and Business Insights teams to pull reporting, execute campaigns, track promotions, and compare results.
• Track competitor brands and industry trends.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Strong communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
• Strong proficiency in MS office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Familiarity with G-Suite products
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - Ability to analyze and make recommendations
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-directed/self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who has a passion for television, pop culture, online entertainment, and new technology
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Be enrolled and in the process of earning your MBA
• Have experience working in the television/OTT industry
• Have experience working in the media planning/agency industry
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.