Summer Intern - Business Intelligence
Remote / Virtual
Interest and ability to seek highly technical analyses, which require researching, reporting, presenting, and ultimately providing decision support services and meaningful insights. Sources of data include traffic/video/ consumption data from Adobe Analytics tools (Omniture), purchase/ subscription data via SQL queries on a data warehouse, audience data from syndicated audience measurement services (comScore/ Nielsen), ad revenue data from Doubleclick, and many more!
• Build and run reports showing the health of key business metrics across platforms like desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, connected over-the-top devices, and subscription video services
• Write SQL to query a data warehouse (BigQuery) and join a customer table to a product-purchase table in order to report the number of customers in a particular city/ zip code that purchased an online video subscription service last month
• Crafting reports that spotlight the lifetime value of a person that downloaded the CBS Sports App (iOS or Android)
• Build dashboards and reports that illustrate the fall-out rate of customers as they engage in a product purchase funnel
• Projecting the potential audience size that may be interested in a new type of paid content product by modeling conversion rates for existing audience segments
• Arming the editorial staff with insights around the types of stories and content that resonated with users during the NFL Draft, so they can best focus their time covering the areas of the highest user interest
• Use insights found via 3rd-party research companies and syndicated tools (comScore) to uncover areas of strength versus sports competitors. Socialize and present results to the Sales team to aid in their efforts
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• full-time, 40 hours per week
• Strong experience in web analytics, video analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) and 3rd-party syndicated audience measurement services (comScore/ Nielsen)
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau, R, Python
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
• Exceptional communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
• BA/BS. 2 to 4+ years of experience in web analytics, online media industry.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or boot camp (Graduate Level Candidates)
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.