Summer Intern - Multimedia Journalism
Remote / Virtual
Our editorial team is responsible for developing and producing compelling stories-as told through video, site, and social platforms-that promote brand awareness and programming for CBS and CBS All Access, which will transition into the launch of our new streaming service, Paramount+, in 2021. Once launched, Paramount+ will include a long list of current and original series from CBS, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET, and the Smithsonian Channel.
Regardless of the medium, our team also optimizes our content to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention by using data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape, and recognizing opportunities for innovation in this always-on world.
The Editorial Intern will support the team in tasks related to the creation and publication of editorial content across a variety of platforms, including (but not limited to) CBS.com, SVOD, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more!
This position will report to a Senior Editor.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines.
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Work closely with the Editorial team.
• Utilize strong copywriting skills and an adaptable writing and content style for a range of genres.
• Conduct research for use in developing CBS / CBS All Access / Paramount+ promotional content for site, video, and social media platforms.
• Familiarize yourself with content-mainly across CBS / CBSAA / Paramount+, but also including priority titles on other ViacomCBS brands-to contribute to brainstorms and initiatives around timely and evergreen content.
• Research best-in-class editorial content from competitors and other media sites, and report findings.
• Write evergreen content and news posts for CBS.com.
• Review published content for errors on-site, mobile, and social media.
• Do keyword research for SEO enhanced headlines, subheads, and slugs.
• Edit/prep key art and images for online publishing, as needed.
• Collaborate on special projects, as assigned.
• A keen eye for detail and a thirst for accuracy.
• Sharp writing, copy-editing, and fact-checking skills.
• Experience with content management systems and/or managing web content.
• Highly organized and a stickler for deadlines and fast turnarounds.
• Excellent communicator attuned to email etiquette, Slack/virtual conversation, and asking for further direction/clarity when needed.
• An active interest in television, pop culture, journalism, digital media, and/or content marketing.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or bootcamp.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Your own blog, website, or writing portfolio to share.
• Experience with Photoshop.
• Basic knowledge of how to analyze data and how to use it to inform content strategy decisions.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.