Summer Intern - Mobile Engineering Android
Remote / Virtual
We are a hardworking group providing data needs for all CBS Digital Media properties. This includes CBS, CBSNews, CBS Sports, and related Sports Properties. We are made up of varying engineering roles including Data, Data Product, and Ingestion Engineering. Our team is responsible for driving the CDM data strategy and standard methodologies for data collection, Pipelines, usage, and infrastructure.
The Data Engineer Intern should possess a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products based on data, and the ability to communicate data structures and tools throughout the CBS Digital Media organization. This engineer will help support data pipeline development which includes machine learning algorithms using disparate data sources. The ideal candidate will also work with BI, Research, Engineering, and Product teams to implement data-driven plans that drive the business!
• Works with large volumes of traffic data and user behaviors to build pipelines that improve raw data.
• Break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
• Extract patterns from large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage.
• Partnering with the internal product and business intelligence teams to determine the best approach around data ingestion, structure, and storage, then working with the team to ensure these are implemented accurately.
• Contributing ideas on how to make our data more effective and working with other members of the engineering, BI teams, and business units to implement changes.
• Early on collaboration with the team on internal initiatives to build strategies that improve company processes.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Experience with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Proficient in Python.
• Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL, Postgres and BigQuery to perform common types of analysis
• Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas matplotlib, etc.
• Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into Data Solutions
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Experience building and deploying application on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
• Experience with full-stack application development.
• Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
• Familiar with version control systems.
• Can perform statistical analyses using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.