Summer Intern - Data Discovery & Risk Management
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Privacy Team instruments and orchestrates privacy strategy and compliance in collaboration with the legal department across all ViacomCBS divisions and brands.
The Privacy Tech team is looking for a Summer Intern to support the Data Discovery & Risk Management vertical of our Global Privacy Program. You'll work across all of ViacomCBS's divisions and brands and help to discover and maintain an inventory of operational processes, systems and third party partners that impact the personal information we are entrusted with. While this role is privacy focused, you will also learn and build competencies in fundamental data security and risk management practices. You will be trained on how to advise and educate a variety of stakeholders ranging from studio executives, to website and app developers, to cloud migration teams on privacy risks and techniques to mitigate those risks. You'll be part of a team responsible for a wide range of cross-functional privacy and data protection projects, and will help us to build and support scalable tools and processes to keep the data of the people that use our services safe.
• Assist Privacy Tech team in identifying personal data processing activities across the organization and advising business stakeholders on risk mitigation techniques
• Leverage privacy software solutions to facilitate Data Discovery assessments and assist in maintaining data processing record inventories
• Work on projects related to ongoing compliance with data protection and privacy laws, advertising industries and related requirements
• Support adoption of operational processes with product, engineering teams, and other stakeholders across the company.
• Help support day-to-day functions of the ViacomCBS Privacy Team including:
-Maintaining and updating internal privacy portal and tools
-Assist in conducting annual review of materials, processes, and assets
-Help review responses to Privacy Questionnaires for new processes and vendors
-Assist with tracking metrics and requirements
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and good at multitasking.
• A real world, collaborative approach to problem-solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
• Excellent task management and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal teams.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
You might also have -
• Experience with Privacy Technologies such as OneTrust & TrustArc or other Governance, Risk and Compliance software
• Knowledge of data related initiatives such as ingestion, report and dashboard creation, analytics and site tracking implementation
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.