Summer Intern - Multimedia Journalism
Remote / Virtual
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
ViacomCBS Digital Studios (VDS), a premier team at Viacom, is a leading digital content studio focused on young mobile viewers. Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
As a Creative Production Intern, you will have exposure to all aspects of producing digital content at VDS. You'll be immersed in creative environments, production teams on set, and post production as planned by your manager.
• Assisting producers with research, script organization. Learning the ''research to output'' timeline from the beginning
• Assisting on set as needed to Art Dept, Costumes, Talent Flow, etc
• Learning and experiencing a wide array of genres, formats, and types of content. Each with its own set of needs
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Detail oriented
• A knack for multi tasking and switching between projects with frequency
• Proactive with a willingness to lend a hand wherever is needed. In digital production, team members wear many hats
• Google Suite familiarity
You might also have -
• An interest in digital, social media, and emerging platforms
• Artistic skills, writing, painting, designing, etc
• Knowledge of video editing tools
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.