- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
WHP-TV/CBS21 is seeking a Sales Marketing Associate Intern for the 2021 Summer semester. This is an unpaid, remote work internship, and will offer the opportunity to learn new skills, demonstrate your abilities, and work with a team of sales professionals. As a part of the Sales Department, you will have the opportunity to meld your classroom educational experiences with the exciting world of broadcasting. This exciting opportunity will offer you a chance to gain an understanding of media sales through observational learning and hands-on experience. You will learn the sales process from start to finish, including prospecting new advertisers, research, marketing, proposals, closing a deal, writing a sales order, and client retention.
If you are studying marketing, mass communications, or a related filed and want to experience the fast-paced world of media sales first hand, then this is the place to learn!
This is an unpaid internship with remote work. Internship time at CBS21/WHP-TV must be coordinated with the student's respective college or university for academic credit under the sponsorship of the educational faculty.
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements:
• Current student in attendance at an accredited university or college – Graduate students are also eligible
• Required to work 10-20 hours a week
• Prior experience and/or coursework focused on Communication, Business Administration, Marketing or related field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Openness to feedback and ability to receive feedback from others and apply it to the work
• High productivity when working independently and while collaborating with others
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be registered at his or her institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
• Must have reliable transportation
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!