Intern - Original Movies Creative Development
Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Studios is seeking bright, multitasking, dynamic and self-motivated MBA interns to work hard, have fun, and make history with us this summer. Amazon Studios Internship Program gives interns hands-on experience working with the studio behind award-winning shows such as The Boys, Fleabag, Man in the High Castle, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel as well as critically-acclaimed films like Borat 2, The Big Sick, Life Itself, and Love & Friendship. In addition to working closely with executives in our Culver City offices, interns have the opportunity to participate in guest speaker sessions, networking events, and screenings.
Our summer internship class will take place from June through August 2021. Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary. An Amazon Studios team member will contact you should your experiences and interests match an open internship position.
The Programming Strategy team is seeking an MBA intern to assist in owning and developing the strategic perspective of programming and scheduling across Prime Video's original and licensed content portfolio. The group leverages its position at the intersection of creative, production, operations, and marketing teams to provide a holistic perspective of portfolio needs with the aim of driving customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. The team identifies areas of content need over the short, medium, and long terms, and closes these gaps via the direction of development pipelines, licensing, and other means.
Key Activities Include:
• Contribute to original and licensed content greenlight decisions
• Together with Marketing stakeholders, set audience acquisition and retention goals on a portfolio- and title-level
• Innovate and build new ways to understand and model the optimization of our content portfolio
• Work closely with creative teams to highlight audience needs and opportunities over a 5-year horizon
• Actively enrolled in an MBA program
• Experience in program or project management
• Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Interest in the TV or film industry
• Experience in the TV or film industry, particularly working alongside creative development