WABC-TV (ABC7) 7 On Your Side Internship (Remote) - Spring 2022
WABC-TV, the flagship Disney/ABC – owned television station in New York, is the most-watched television station in the New York Television market and the United States. WABC also leads the market in station websites and has the highest social media engagement.
7 On Your Side is the troubleshooting/consumer unit of Eyewitness News. The unit advocates for viewers, recovering more than $1 million in restitution each year. This segment also highlights the latest scams teaching viewers how to avoid getting ripped off.
A day in the life…
Interns essentially learn the job of a researcher/booker, gaining hands-on experience pre-interviewing guests, compiling documentation, and eventually pitching viable stories to the producer. Interns will conduct research for producers' stories, including web research, verifying data over the phone, and cross-checking multiple sources. Interns may observe story shoots with reporter, Nina Pineda.
What you bring to the role…
• Excellent phone skills
• Strong interest in helping others
• A self-starter and willingness to take initiative
• A strong story sense, great attention to detail and the ability to conduct effective research
• Time management and organizational skills and the ability to follow through
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with different personality types
• Working experience in Microsoft Office
• Patience, professionalism, and clear communication
• Familiarity with Adobe After Effects
• Previous work or internship experience in the field of broadcast television
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, classified as a Junior or Senior
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
• All candidates must be available to work 16-24 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
• All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session
• This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet, dedicated work space..
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb172k-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.