Spring Intern - TV News / Digital Producer
KTRK-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Houston, Texas. ABC13 (KTRK) Houston's news leader is one of the most technically advanced television stations in the country. The station is a champion of innovation and is at the forefront of the changing media landscape.
Our offices and studios are located in the Greenway Plaza area.
The internship program is designed to provide students with an on-site educational experience that complements their academic studies. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life…
Some of your projects with the KTRK-TV Programming and Production team may include:
• Assist Producers, Directors and Photojournalists with executing all aspects of the broadcast and digital story-telling process.
• Assist producers and directors with creating original content for broadcast social and digital platforms.
• Work on a variety of programming, positive content, long format and digital and social media projects.
• Opportunity to assist on producing/shooting live and taped field stories, studio newscast production, and live special event programs.
What you bring to the role…
• Pursuing a career in television/media field
• Comfortable juggling multiple projects at once
• Be a strong researcher, writer, and communicator
• Strong attention to detail and writing skills
• Ability to shoot and edit video
• Passion For News
• Flexibility and Ability to Multi Task in a Fast Paced Environment
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
• All candidates must be available to work 20-24 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• All candidates must be able to work in the Houston office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29242-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.