KABC-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Glendale, near downtown Los Angeles. The station is in the #2 ranked television market in the country. Weekly, ABC7 produces over forty-four hours of local news, public affairs, magazine programs and public service campaigns. You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
The internship program is designed to provide students with an on-site educational experience that complements their academic studies. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life…
As the intern for Community Engagement at ABC7, you will be provided a view of all aspects of production and operations of the Diversity & Community Engagement department. This includes exposure to station-corporate initiatives and events originated by ABC7 (such as Spark of Love and Feed SoCal).
You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
You may be part of:
• The production of the station's initiatives such as Feed SoCal Food Drive, the community engagement calendar, community engagement virtual events and assist with the Belong team as needed.
• Social media engagement.
• Interaction via Zoom calls, email and phone with the ABC7 community and corporate partners.
• Connecting with community-based non-profit organizations, and the communities that interact with and are supported by ABC7.
What you bring to the role…
• Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Prior experience working in an office setting, including answering emails in a professional matter.
• Social media proficiency.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• This internship is both a remote and in-person internship.
• All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
• All candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet and dedicated work space, but must be willing to commute to the television studio building (as necessary)
• All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwkq4-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.