Spring Intern - 20Th Television Casting
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionBe a part of an innovative team and culture…
Twentieth Television Casting oversees the casting for many of the pilots and ongoing series on networks/platforms such as ABC, Hulu, FX, Disney+, Freeform, & Onyx Collective. The department falls under the umbrella of Walt Disney Television Studios (WDTV) Casting and work alongside the casting teams at WDTV to nurture & foster relationships with new and recurring talent for the studio.
We are seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, curious, embraces innovation, and has a strong desire to learn, grow, and help drive diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities around market, culture, and people . If you are passionate about television and interested in pursuing a career in casting, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
A Day in the Life…
As an intern at Twentieth Television, you will support the Casting team with the day-to-day responsibilities of the busy studio/network casting department. You will have the opportunity to become member of a smart, fun, and collaborative team. You will also assist the department in finding up and coming talent. You will help find new and creative ways to work together with an eye toward quality and efficiency.
Some day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining and updating show contact sheets and grids
• Update and maintain cast picture lists for specific shows
• Updating cast lists and organizing show binders
• Supporting current assistants with light desk and phone coverage, when needed
• General office and administrative tasks
What we are looking for…
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• High attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Proficiency with both Mac and PC operating systems
• Strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
• Previous casting experience preferred but not required
• Familiarity with IMDB, Cast It, Zoom, are preferable
• Familiarity with using Airtable
• Students studying in their Junior year, Senior year, or a recent graduate within 6 months preferred
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Program length -- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2024 through June 2024
• Work details -- Must be able to work full time hours (approximately 40 per week) Monday through Friday 9:30am to 6:30pm PT for the duration of the internship
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Housing -- Must provide own housing for the duration internship program in the Los Angeles, CA area
• Transportation -- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
The pay rate for this role in California is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This position is with Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, which is part of a business we call ABC.
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyqbw-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.