Summer / Fall Intern - & Studios, Race and Culture Unit
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAbout the Role & Program
The Race and Culture team is offering an opportunity to join our team this Summer and Fall! The perfect candidate will have a strong passion for diverse and inclusive storytelling, both shortform and longform. This internship will help give support in our development and production of stories at the intersection of race, politics, and culture, including our award-winning ''Soul of a Nation'' programs.
Across the landscape of ABC News Programming, the team guides daily reporting and special projects in a space that is dynamic and requires closer investigation, delivering breaking news, relevant interviews, and longform specials for Primetime and Hulu.
What You Will Do
• Supporting social media campaigns and creating content for various platforms. Composing written material for social media and collecting and vetting accompanying elements.
• Assisting on research, development, pre-interviews, and production for longform programming.
• Participating in daily and weekly editorial meetings providing you with insights into how longform shows are created and produced by a team.
• Assisting with promotional and publicity efforts for primetime specials.
• Assisting with special reporting initiatives in the race and culture space, including assisting on story development, reporting and producing with platforms across the news division.
• Creating written content for digital platforms associated with ABC News. This could involve writing news articles, features, or other digital content for ABCNews.com and GoodMorningAmerica.com.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Knowledge and interest in the topics of race and culture and current events
• Deep passion and commitment to learning about news production and contributing to race and culture storytelling
• Creative energy, enthusiasm, and strong work ethic
• Ability to work efficiently in a team/group setting
• Capability to perform effectively under demanding circumstances
• Creative out-of-the box thinker
• Social Media savvy
• Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting
• Familiarity with ABC News shows
• To be eligible for this internship you must be a junior, senior or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, Film/Television or a related field
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
• Enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• At least 18 years of age and possess unrestricted work authorization
• Not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Able to work on-site in New York, NY and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 – January 2025. Candidate must be available to work full-time hours during the week (30-40 hours/week)
The pay rate for this role in New York, NY is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv80wm-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.