Spring Virtual Intern - Newsource Entertainment
Remote / Virtual
Join the ABC News' Digital team to help create content in both print and video. ABC News Digital creates text and video content for the ABC News website around the clock. We are based at the ABC News headquarters in New York City, but for the duration of the internship, the intern in this role will be working remotely.
A day in the life…
You will be expected to join Digital's twice daily internal news meetings, help with the production of both video and text content, including templating stories. You will also be expected to pitch story ideas for both text and video content. You will work with Digital's print and video editors to craft the stories and see them through to completion and publication on our website.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Log video footage and help conduct research on the segments
• Assist in gathering elements for news stories (i.e. photos, footage, music)
• Help producers look for potential bookings and help coordinate field productions
• Assist with covering breaking news events (for example, helping with live blog coverage
• Turn around day-of stories with speed and accuracy
What you bring to the role…
• Self-starter and have a collaborative spirit
• Interest in national and international news
• Willing to learn the various skills needed to craft both video and text content
• Experience with Adobe Premiere or Avid News Cutter is a plus but not required
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Please submit a cover letter/resume with links to samples of your writing and/or video work
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship OR Disney College Program
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
• The approximate dates of this internship are January to May 2022
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours (40 hours/week, typically 8:30am- 4:30pm) in Eastern Standard time for the duration of the internship
About ABC News:
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx1me-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.