Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The ABC News Early Morning team produces 1.5 hours of overnight news programming on the ABC network (World News Now and America This Morning) with 1.5 million combined viewers on average per day, while also servicing Good Morning America's and ABC News Affiliates production needs.
A Day in the Life…
• Assist producers with all aspects of news gathering and production, including on-air segments
• Assist with delivery of show production elements, such as distributing lineups and scripts
• Travel on story shoots where you'll have the opportunity to accompany the production team, assisting with logistics, equipment setup, and potentially participating in the shooting process
• Pitching stories and segments for broadcasts.
Once trained, produce, write and edit segments for air
What we are looking for…
• Strong news judgment
• Strong writing skills
• Eagerness to Pitch trending stories and segments for shows
• AVID editing experience preferred, but not mandatory. Expected to edit for shows, after being fully trained
*TO BE QUALIFIED, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO WORK A REGULAR OVERNIGHT SHIFT (IN PERSON) FROM 8PM – 4AM, SUNDAY-THURSDAY*
• Previous experience (academic or internship) in television news & news media production
• Previous experience (academic or internship) writing news stories
• Video Editing experience
• Previous internship experience in professional newsroom
• To be eligible for this internship you must be a junior, senior or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursing a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, Film/Television or a related field
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age and possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Must be able to work on-site in New York City and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2024 - June 2024. Candidate must be available to work OVERNIGHT SHIFTS in person Sunday – Friday 40 hours/week
The pay rate for this internship in New York, NY is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw28jy-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.